Monday, September 21, 2015

Week #4 From London Ontario



From last week ---when Jaxson entered the MTC he actually had a cross over with a friend from our ward who was just coming home. He was excited because he really wanted to connect with Joe before he left. So here are the pictures!

                                     



Hey everybody! For everyone reading this we had a good week. Things here in London are awesome. In the previous week I sent a picture of some book of Mormons and just to let you know how different it is here I'll tell you what languages they are in. We have BOMs in Polish, Russian, Hindi, Croatian, Korean, Turkish, Amharic, Japanese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Albanian, Arabic, Tagalog. Chinese, and Spanish. It's been so great to see people from all over the world.

Currently I am serving in the London 2nd Ward and we have three sets of missionaries who go to its sacrament. We have me and my companion, the Chinese speaking elders, and the Hermanas (Spanish speaking sisters) who also attend the Spanish branch after.

Some highlights from this week include teaching a younger couple with a couple of kids. This couple loves superheroes which is awesome and we were able to teach the restoration and invited them to pray and read the BOM to see if it was the truth and they were so willing to, it was awesome! They really want to know and are looking for that something in their lives and that is the gospel.

I was was also able to go on exchange with the Chinese Elders which is when you switch companions for a day and see how others do things and learn from them. I got to stay with one of them and got to go contacting and spoke a little Mandarin to a man and the Elder was able to speak with him fluently in a completely different language which I did not understand haha but now he is an potential investigator so that was awesome to experience.

We also had a Zone conference where everyone in the area gets to come for most of the day and learn how to be a better missionary and learn from the missionary President and his wife. It was great but one thing stood out. He said "Don't worry what others think of you, worry about how they think of themselves." That hit me hard and made me realize I need to stop worrying about myself but to develop that Christ like attribute and care more about others than of myself which is something I think I really am going to work on and would like challenge everyone else to stop yourself every time you use the word "I" too much and try to limit how much you use it.

On Friday we were able to have dinner with a Sister from Sudan and got to have cow liver and I got so full I thought I was going to throw up.

At church we went to my first PEC ( Priesthood Executive Committee) where some great ideas were able to hasten the work and increase the amount of gospel being shared. Speaking of which we have a baptism this Friday WOOOOO. This investigator is awesome has been able to come closer to his Heavenly Father and has worked his way past some trials and was able to give up Smoking. What a great example to everyone of Faith!

I love you all also they have bagged milk here.... no jugs.... JUST BAGS... at first I thought "what the heck" now I guess I'm getting used to it .



Anyways I love you all and thanks for everyone who has shown support. I barely have time to write and read everyone's letters haha.
P.S Found a drawer in apartment where missionaries sign their name and there is one from 1997-1999. Holy Cow. Anyways I was able to sign my name . Also feel so blessed and feel proud to tell people I'm from Southern Alberta so all of you from there don't take that for granted cause we have all been blessed.
Lots of love -Elder Toly Reporting from Week 4




No comments:

Post a Comment