Monday, September 28, 2015

Week #5 What a great week!



Hey Everybody! WOW, WHAT A WEEK. SO GREAT!

This week we were able to see one of our friends get baptized and confirmed which was sooo amazing. For the opening hymn the speaker hadn't shown up yet so we sang acapella and I could feel the spirit so strong that it was awesome just hearing everyone and the reverence in the room. We were then blessed to hear a couple great talks, 1 which was really profound comparing Naaman when he had to go wash himself in the river 7 times to baptism because baptism isn't a super complicated or grueling thing but If you think about it, is so simple profound and just takes faith to make us clean just like how Naaman had to do something so simple to get rid of his leprosy.
Just Practicing






The Main points of the Gospel really are simple and that is why we are here as missionaries. We are here to tell others that and invite them unto Christ. Anyways I had the chance to bear my testimony and got to hear a couple as well at the meeting. One came from a newer member who had just recently moved into the ward and just knowing that it was amazing to see and feel the Spirit as he testified the truth of the gospel.
This week I was also blessed to go on a exchange with the zone leaders (because my companion is the district leader) and it was so cool to see the standard of being a zone leader. This Elder was always jumping at the opportunity to share the gospel to people of the street not caring what they said to him or if they gave bad reactions because he knew the Gospel was true and didn't care what people thought about him cause he just wanted to help them. This was like an answer to prayers because I struggle with opening my mouth cause I'm scared what people will think or what I'm gonna say but was able to do that on the exchange and I'm now I've gotten better quite a bit even since then.
On Saturday The Stake had a tailgate Football game in the Stake parking lot with a big electric Screen where they watched (Yes "they" not me even though I think I died inside not being able to watch haha) BYU take on Michigan Wolverines. It was so great meeting other people from the Stake and got to Meet Matt Stewart's uncles family. We got to eat some good food and for most of the day were in charge of the missionary obstacle course where younger kids and even the YSA joined in. You had to put a white shirt, tie a tie, find a scripture and run through a obstacle thing then answer a
question at the end. It was so fun!



Also we were able to see an investigator I met when I went on exchanges with one of the Mandarin speaking Elders. The Elder I was with started talking to him and offered a book of Mormon and the man said he would like one but since he wasn't Chinese speaking he went to some other Elders who are now teaching him and he now has a baptism date. Holy Cow its amazing how the Lord works.

Anyways, the weather here in London has been pretty hot even though the leaves are starting to change color. I am actually excited for it to get hot and look forward to the rest of this year.

One thing I just heard from my Dad today before writing this was "Pray as if everything depended on the Lord and work as if everything depended on yourself." Which relates to something me and my dad talked about even before my mission. So the questions for this week are, Do we pray for Gods help and put our trust in him and do we do as much as we can so we can be given that extra hand of help? This week I would suggest we all ask for more help from our Heavenly Father and that we also put in our part as well. I love you all and would love to hear from some of those who I haven't talked to yet.
Lots of Love and This is Elder Toly Reporting on Week 5.
Some Pics Had a little fun while the font was filling and also here are some pics of my planner that my companion gave me and format and also the map of our area and a stellar pic of me posing in a coat we found left at the church haha

No comments:

Post a Comment