Monday, January 11, 2016

Week #20--Hard to believe.



Greetings Everyone. Wow it feels like I have been here for a while but in reality I still have a lot of my mission to go. I actually just had friend ask me how long I had left and I said 19 1/2 months ha ha but it's crazy because I just finished my 3rd transfer and transfer calls were last night, but I am staying here in the Hamilton Mountain West Ward with my companion who will now have been here for 5 transfers! It's insane. I'm already on my 4th and am lucky to be spending it here in the Hamilton Mountain ward. When we had our transfer calls yesterday so many members were texting us asking us what happened and they all wanted to know. And that's the great thing about this area is that the members truly care about the missionaries which is quite nice.

This week we visited one of our investigators and committed him to quit smoking to which he agreed and it was so cool. He gave us his ash trays and his old box of cigarettes and said he never wanted to see them again which was so great and the next we went to visit and he had not had one. One thing I did was buy him a few packs of gum to help resist the urge and then last night we visited him and he still has not smoked and says that the gum really works. He really just wants to get baptized and have God and Christ more in his life. We will hopefully will see him baptized in the next week.

This week I also had the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting and was asked to speak on the 5th article of faith which talks about how one needs to be called of God by prophecy and by laying on of hands to preach the Gospel. I shared how Christ did this with the original 12 and the 12 in the Americas and also how 12 apostles in 1800s were called as well. It went well for the most part and this transfer hopefully will be exciting as we are looking forward to tearing up the area and hitting the pavement to share this wonderful message with others.

Also had another weird experience the other day while walking to the hospital to visit a member. We ran into this man that talked about how 1914 was somehow a huge year in terms of religion and also how Christ would not come to the earth again. Really just a weird guy ha ha but just want to let you know that Christ WILL come again and they day will be wonderful. I love you all and hope you week is GREAT!



This is Elder Toly Reporting from week 20 (WOW)

No comments:

Post a Comment