Monday, June 27, 2016

Week #44



Hey hey, everybody! This was week 44 in the mission! It was a bittersweet week but I'll give you all a little rundown...

On Monday we went down to Oshawa to play sports with a bunch of other missionaries which was a nice change from being pretty isolated here in Lindsay ha-ha. On Wednesday we had a zone Conference which was in Bellville which said on the GPS that it would take 2 1/2 hours to get there ( I whittled it down to 2 ha-ha) But it was all good. It was Presidents last one with us and it did not disappoint. He gave lots of advice.

Here's some of the quotes he said....

"your journal is your scripture"

"Always keep calluses on you knees"

"We're imperfect people doing a perfect work"

"You may never know why you came here. It doesn't matter."

"The atonement is fine sanding"

"As you progress forward doing his will, the real desires of your heart will be revealed"

"I'm pretty jazzed about that actually".

It was a great meeting with lots of emphasis on D&C 4. And then at the end we just talked about Helaman 5:12 and how Christ is our foundation and how we can stay on that foundation. It was great.

After that we went on exchanges with some other elders. I went to Oshawa with an Elder Moffat. It was pretty fun and we got to see lake Ontario. After getting back to my own area we had a lesson with an investigator in which we talked about the plan of Salvation and a member came. It went great and the spirit was felt. Both had their mothers passed away and it was touching to hear the testimony of the member. That investigator came to church on Sunday as well.

The next day we went on exchanges with another group of elders. I went with an Elder Turner who only has a week and a half left on the mission so he was a great example to me of a diligent and hardworking, obedient missionary. Super fun and we found some new people.

Just wanted to give my mission president, President Clayton, a shout out. He will be leaving in the next couple days and I just wanted to express how grateful I am for him and all that he has done for me. He is definitely a Christ like man and I know that he truly is called to be a general authority. He is like a second father to me whom I will dearly miss.


One scripture I just wanted to share that I found this week is 2 Nephi 1:15 Which reads "But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love." I just really enjoyed that and that I would share.

God Bless and have a great week!

-Elder Toly








No comments:

Post a Comment