Monday, October 3, 2016

Week #58




Week 58:

Well What an eventful week it has been. Pretty nuts but just wait till I tell you how. So last Monday after emailing my companion and I went and played sports with the Brampton zone. Then Elder Douglas got picked up to go to the airport and I hung out with some other elders. The cool thing is though that today I was emailing Elder Anderson (Taylor) and who happens to be in that same mission and he saw him! No coincidences in this world.

On Tuesday I got got my new companion Elder Pollard who is actually from Medicine Hat, Alberta so I was pretty pumped about that and hes actually a convert himself of about 2 1/2 years so he is super solid and has only been out 3 months. Hes actually hilarious and I am constantly dying. Hes been teaching me how to solve a rubics cube so we'll see how that'll go. That same day we went to the bishops house and they had a friend over who now we'll be seeing tomorrow.


Wednesday we went to a place called Keswick and were able to meet with a less active lady who over the years had forgotten some basic thing which was too bad.

Thursday night we drove to a place called Orangeville to stay the night with almost all the elders in the zone which was pretty fun. We went cause the next morning we were able to attend the temple. Later we met with a person who had come to church with one of our members and was curious to learn more. English isn't his first language but it went well and the spirit was there. We went to dinner later that night with the members who brought him to church and it was great. Their names are the Kuettels. Both great missionaries who have served two couples missions and are in their 80s and are a huge impact in building the church here in Newmarket.

On Saturday we got to watch the conferences as well as Sunday and 1 of our investigators came to the priesthood session and 2 others watched online. I don't have my notes but I enjoyed Elder Yamashita and sister Reeves and others but I don't really remember haha Will have to read the November Ensign and also you can watch them on Lds.org if you're curious. Super worth it even if you're not a member. But yeah that was pretty much our week.

Will keep you updated, till then, God Speed!



-Elder Toly

No comments:

Post a Comment