Monday, June 19, 2017

Week #95

Week 95: The Prodigal son part 2 took place this week.....

So on Monday this week was a little interesting as we had to help a couple other elders with some stuff, but we were able to go to a conservation area and see a couple falls.

The great thing about being in the Hamilton zone is the outdoors are probably the most pretty in the mission. Most of Ontario is pretty flat with just hills and not much elevation but here we have an escarpment or raised land and so you can see some cool views and do more actual hikes. So we went by a couple falls, Websters and Tews and went on a hike and took some fun photos. We later had dinner at the Branch Presidents house and then Fhe where they really just talked about fathers and all they do.

Tuesday was good. We didn't have much planned that day, but we helped do some service with food orders and basically did some finding for the day. So a background story, when I was in Lindsay we got a call from someone wanting to meet up and when we did it turned out to be a 19 or 20 year old guy named, for the sake of this I'll say Chris. Chris had been baptized a couple years ago in the ysa branch here, but had had some struggles and was kinda MIA for a while and he had gone to school out in Lindsay. So My companion K. Taylor (not the elder taylor I'm with right now) started meeting with him and he was able to overcome somethings in his life that he had always struggled with and we even started bring him teaching with us. He then moved up North and then back to Hamilton and we lost track of him. Later K. Taylor went to Hamilton and tried to find him and when I was told I was going to Hamilton he told me I had to find him. So the first transfer I will admit, I thought about him, but didn't try too hard. But we finally this last week decided to try a member in st. Catherine's who knew him to see where he would be so we texted her husband and were waiting for a response. We then get a call from a senior couple who sat in with the family ward sisters up on the Mountain with a guy that was ysa and they say his name and its the same one and they can't remember the last name so I say his last name and they're like "yes!Thats it!" I then later get his number and call him up and Elder K. Taylor who is in Brampton and we do a three way call catching up on things. It turns out Chris just a couple days before I had contacted that members husband for her had contacted her and asked for the missionaries number because he decided it was time to meet back up with missionaries again so the member had given him the mountain sisters number. So sweet and we are seeing him later today at 7. So cool to hear from this guy almost a year later and to see that he is mindful of people and how I could be there when this guy first reached out for help and the second time in a place over 3 hours away. So awesome!

Wednesday we met with our of our investigators who has a date for July 15 and it went really well and we taught commandments and why they're important and specifically highlighted on the 10, and reading the scriptures, praying and keeping the Sabbath day holy. We then later met with an Indian guy we were supposed to meet with yesterday and taught the restoration and he committed to Baptism in August and said he was wanting to come to a Christian church.

The next day we went on exchanges with the Niagara Elders in the morning. I went to their area. It was a super hot and muggy and humid day..... and their car was in the shop so we walked all day.... and their ac in their apartment wasn't working.... Oh well it made me much more grateful for where I am living .

The next day we exchanged back and later taught our investigator (for the sake of this I'll say Sam). We taught the word of Wisdom and she committed to it and has already apparently been trying which was really cool and the members we brought with us had awesome experiences of the word of wisdom and really helped. We later went and taught our investigator from south America who I'll call Celeste. We read through the scriptures and taught more on faith and committed her to look through her calendar in June, July or August and pray for a day that she should get baptized and promised her God would answer.

The next day we are on our way to appointment when we get a text from Sam who tells us a cool story from yesterday. She hadn't received an answer that this was all true, but yesterday was by the temple and had an experience that she said helped her know this was the right thing to do. So cool! The next couple days were really good as well. Some awesome things happening here!

No comments:

Post a Comment